Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

I love, love, love homemade Chicken Noodle Soup.  It's good for the soul right?  I have some brewing as I write and it makes me want to be soulful....get it??   Funny right?
OK, maybe not so funny but I have this great book CARE OF THE SOUL( by Thomas Moore.....love his books)  that I have read more than once.  I usually pick it up and what ever hits me for that moment I read and yes...it usually ALWAYS fills my soul right where I need it, that particular day. For instance what I read today was just what I needed, since this is my first blog post and I need to share.

To the soul, memory is more important than planning, art more compelling than reason, and love more fulfilling than understanding.  We know we are well on the way toward soul when we feel attachment to the world and the people around us and when we live as much from the heart as from the head.  We know soul is being cared for when our pleasures feel deeper than usual, when we can let go of the need to be free of our complexity and confusion, and when compassion takes the place of distrust and fear.  Soul is interested in the differences among cultures and individuals, and within our selves it wants to be expressed in uniqueness if not in outright eccentricity.  By caring for the soul every day, we step out of the way and let our full genius emerge.

I just finished my bowl of soup and it was delicious!!  Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment